Day 7. Deschutes 07/12/19

It’s day 7 I believe? Not too sure. These days seem to be flying by so fast, it seems as if we wake up and then boom it’s time for sleep. But you know what they say, when the days fly by it’s usually because you’re enjoying your time, enjoying your days and I mean, what’s better then having a great time? Personally, to me, nothing beats that. Especially days out here, without cell service, without WiFi, without any connections to the outside world. It seems to me as if I continue falling in love with the outside world, more and more each day, every second, minute, and hour that goes by I realize how deeply I’ve fallen in love with her and by her I mean the Earth, OUR planet. Like i mean who doesn’t fall in love with Mother Nature, with our beautiful planet Earth. It’s days exactly like today that keep me going everyday, I love being out here, it’s what makes me feel alive, what keeps me alive. strolling through the woods, chasing the rivers with my eyes, eyeing the beautiful flowers, the birds, etc. The way the wind blows, the way it speaks to everything around, making it seem as if the way everything moves is a way of speaking to us, but speaking to us in a language that we don’t completely understand. Being out here keeps me at peace, it makes me feel good about myself, & having great people around only makes the days that much better. The day today started good from the moment I woke up. Getting to sleep in until 8 was a first on this trip & although I really enjoyed not getting out of bed until 8, I was surprised that I woke up much earlier. The morning started off with a conversation about life, joined by Sam and Maria, oh and let me not forget about Grayson. I didn’t put my input much into the conversation, but it felt good to hear that this trip really opened them up and made them want more in life. Maria was telling us about how being out here made her want to work that much harder to get into law school, hearing that warmed my soul because nature can do so much, it opens up your souls, it lightens people. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 9. Deschutes 07/14/19

Day 2 Camp Chaparral 07/7/19